Tuesday, 23 October 2012

#5 Things: Pet Peeves.

I have more than 5, actually. I have an infinite amount. Everything irritates me to be honest, and I let things get under my skin far too much. I should definitely just learn to 'get over it'. 
After a  lot of deliberation though, I managed to compile a 'Top 5' (I left out 'rudeness/general lack of manners' because everyone hates that.)

#1 My number one hate, ever. Religious symbols worn by 'atheist' angsty teenagers, desperately trying to be edgy by wearing what they believe to be ~blasphemous symbols. I once saw a photo of a girl wearing a pair of denim shorts (so short that her ass was hanging out, fyi) with huge images of Ganesha sewn onto each pocket. This girl quite clearly had no clue who Ganesha is, what he stands for, or how sacred he is. Either that, or she thought that by wearing it, it made her ~edgy. IT DOESN'T. It makes you ignorant and disrespectful.

The offending article. 
An upside down cross is a Catholic symbol, it's not a mark of the devil. Why wear such things but claim to be 'atheist'? It makes no sense to me, and it annoys me. If you don't know anything about religion, or have no interest in finding anything out about the symbols and deities that you adorn yourself in, don't wear them. 

#2 The whole, "I'm not racist but.." or "I'm not racist, my cousins girlfriend is black". Honestly, save yourself the embarrassment. Anyone who follows up "I'm not a racist" with the word 'but' is more than likely, a huge racist. To add, I find the word 'paki' to be the most offensive/vile word in the world.

#3 Bad driving. In particular; tailgaters and people who don't indicate to come off a roundabout. I purposely slow down if someone is tailgating me. How pointless is it to ram your cars bonnet into my tailgate? Completely. Chances are, I'm going as fast as I'm going because of the speed of the car in front of me, calm down. I'm not claiming to be a first class driver but DAMN at least I use my indicators.

#4 People who breath really loudly through their mouth whilst they're eating, as though consuming food is the most strenuous and exhausting task on the planet. It makes me feel slightly nauseous but I'm not sure why 

#5 When people are walking their dogs, and they're not on a leash or whatever and just come running/jumping up to you and the owner does NOTHING about it. I was once sat on a train, and a woman with a hideously ~designer dog was sat opposite me. The dog was by her feet and at one point was literally jumping up onto me and she was just laughing and 'aww'ing at it! I dislike dogs more than I can put into words, most of the time they terrify me. Granted, this one didn't scare me as it was about the size of my fist.. but really. Not everyone loves your over priced dog as much as you do. Please tell it to get the hell off me.

So, what are your pet peeves? I could have honestly put down about another 1,000. I am just far too easy to piss off!

Lady T x

1 comment:

  1. Cars that appear to be 'no indicator' models really drive me insanse too. Seriously, just let me know which lane in the roundabout you intend to take love, so I can get a move on with my day! Don't even get me started on tailgating!
    As for religion, I can't stand atheists who complain about having religion shoved down their throats, all while trying to shove their atheism onto religious people - commonly seen on facebook.
    Like you, I could go on, but I won't! x

    ReplyDelete